Cutting the Chai has moved to a new domain: cuttingthechai.com.
You can get in touch with Soumyadip at www.soumyadip.com.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Wah Shah Jehan


About a month ago I paid my debut visit to the Taj. Yes, it is an impressive piece of architecture, but I was left wondering...

  • If Shah Jehan had constructed the mausoleum exclusively for himself and not for his beloved wife Mumtaz (one of the many in his harem and who died giving birth to her 14th child)
  • If the material used was something other than pristine (no longer) white marble (the replica in black never materialized anyway)

Would the Taj Mahal captivate the generations as it does? I doubt.

7 Comments:

Bionic 1 said...

I catch plenty of fish. I'll have to post a picture when I get home from work.
Till Then ;)

dwaipayan said...

hey ,this bionic 1 has also leave comments in my blog. by the way, thanks for leaving ur comment

Bionic 1 said...

I though all the Indians were over here in New Jersey? LOL
The Postal Service building in Jersey City has 1000 Patels working for them.
LOL
B1

Bionic 1 said...

Ok, the pictures of the fish are up. Enjoy.
Bionic1

--pearl-- said...

datz d essense of d wonder.thats wat captures d attention of people...i think...

btw.thanx fo' droppin by :)

Amit said...

Soumyadip - Nice post and a good parting question --- i wonder too

I had posted one blog about Taj as well

if you have time do visit it

http://amitnews.blogspot.com/2005/07/wah-taj.html

Leon said...

There has been a lot said about the Taj in the recent past...

But one thing is for sure. It is one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited... :-)