Cutting the Chai has moved to a new domain: cuttingthechai.com.
You can get in touch with Soumyadip at www.soumyadip.com.

Friday, February 29, 2008

Harley-Davidson: Live By It

Having relaxed emission norms for import of Harley Davidson motorcycles, India has informed the US that it cannot cut duties but will allow the American cult bike to be sold through dealers network.

This is partially good news.
"After all, the bike is going to be imported by rich people. Let them pay duty," the official said.

I want to own a Harley, but 'rich' I'm not. To fulfill this desire I'll have to pool in my life's savings for just the downpayment, the rest would have to be financed by some company, with me shelling out the EMI.
India imposes 60 per cent duty on import of motorcycles.

Now that makes it beyond my reach. Seems like I'll have to settle for some desi variant (provided I don't get myself a Nano).

But I can atleast enjoy The Creed Film (the government doesn't impose any taxes on this).


To share/embed this video click here
Download video [00:02:21 FLV 2.8 MB]
Download for mobile [00:02:21 3GP 2.37 KB]


Makes you feel like owning one.

2 Comments:

soumya mukerji said...

The top panel... taare zameen par :)

Soumyadip said...

Soumya: That was a wee bit of a bouncer for me. Thanks for the explanation.