Cutting the Chai has moved to a new domain: cuttingthechai.com.
You can get in touch with Soumyadip at www.soumyadip.com.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Chicken Check

As I was getting my Chicken McGrill - the only worthwhile stuff that I consume at McDee's - a lady approached me and enquired whether I was having chicken. I replied in the affirmative. "Is it safe?" came the anxious question. "Oops, I forgot. The birds with running noses are out to destroy the human species," I didn't tell her that, though it was what I thought. "I believe that it has been properly cooked at a high temperature and the virus, if it existed wouldn't have survived," all the gyan that the media was doling out was put to use.

"You guys have whatever you like, I'll be having my chicken, chicken, chicken!" she yelled at her companions. Well that makes one women who I could convince.

It takes only one running nose (or beak, or whatever) to prematurely put millions of chicken necks to the blade. And it also took only one individual for the simian immunodeficiency virus to mutate into its dreaded HIV avatar. I'm not interested in whatever he/she did with a primate to necessitate this transmission.

5 Comments:

Punit said...

ha ha ha... nice one there... dont know if this is the place to write this.. but coudnt avoid the temptation of doin it.. i think the chicken with running nose are burned down rather but to blade

educatedunemployed said...

HA, I like the attitude.Way to go.

Pallavi said...

yeah its causing a hype here too.. :)

Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Well, I'm in the majority then. I have not touched chicken or eggs since the news broke out. So it's been fish fish fish ever since.

dwaipayan said...

glad to see taht we r in the same team. had a chicken rolll just today..and i really need to know about the virus. it will come handy in my Grand viva