Cutting the Chai has moved to a new domain: cuttingthechai.com.
You can get in touch with Soumyadip at www.soumyadip.com.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Eight truths and an untruth

A tag came my way from the girl from South of the Border, West of the Sun. It asks me to say nine things about me, one of which is a lie. Though it would've been a lot easier the other way around. In the past I received similar tags twice, the first required me to note 20 things about me and the second, only eight. This time I can't just copy-paste from the previous, as the one lie that I have to fit in would become obvious. So here's my fresh list:

1. I'm a netoholic
2. I had my first girlfriend (or whatever that meant then) in kindergarten
3. I frequently visit online chat rooms for some sultry talk
4. My family wanted me to be a civil servant and I cherished filmmaking dreams
5. I didn't cry on my first day to school
6. I dislike Himesh Reshmmaya, Emran Hashmi, Upen Patel and their ilk
7. I have a penchant for collecting movies
8. Gizmos and gadgets keep me busy and I love to take them apart (that I'm occasionally unable to put them back together is a different story)
9. I hate getting wet in the rain (being born and brought up in cloud-infested Meghalaya)

Picking up the lie isn't that tough. A surprise prize awaits the one who gets it right. In case there is more than one winner, I'll draw lots. And the winner will also get automatically tagged with this tag.

11 Comments:

Anonymous said...

How can any body hate getting wet in the rain. :D

Anonymous said...

#6 - definitely!

San said...

frequently visit online chat rooms for some sultry talk

i would never have pictured you as one of those but hey ho ...

Ram N said...

#3 surely ..........

dwaipayan said...

i go for 9.. but 3 is also possible

delhidreams said...

oye chaiwallah, u have been blogrolled

Kusum Rohra said...

It has to be 3.

Anonymous said...

Its the third one...cannot visualize you chatting online with sultry talk...you sound much more mature than that

Anonymous said...

answer?

Soumyadip said...

I'm not very good with words and that gave my bluff away. It should've bee 'occasionally' instead of 'frequently.'

It's not that I don't like sultry talk (well almost all men of my kind do) but not on chatrooms with strangers who you don't know. He/she might just turn out to be your boss, best friend or anyone else for that matter. Since I'm not the chatty kind (those who know me might vouch for that), it was a dead giveaway. So those of you who said number three, stand to win a prize (as there weren't many responses, I'll not pick lots).

The winners have an option with the prize. It'll be a CD or a DVD consisting of select software handpicked by the author of this blog or a DVD consisting of a few movies (blog author's choice).

Winners just let me know of your choice and the postal address (preferably within India) where I can mail the stuff across. You can email the details to the id mentioned in the about me section on the right nav. Delivery might take a while.

Dwaipayan, you don't get it. And Gaizabonts, I know you were joking.

San said...

ha so i should get the prize but i'll save you the postal charges .. donate it to a worthy cause instead :)