Cutting the Chai has moved to a new domain: cuttingthechai.com.
You can get in touch with Soumyadip at www.soumyadip.com.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Good Morning, Good Day

Just the kind of the beginning of the day you never want. Through with the morning habit of brushing the teeth and the early morning cup of tea on the Guwahati-Delhi Rajdhani Express - nature calls. After pushing numerous bolted toilet doors, I was relieved to finally find one unbolted one. Only to discover that some uncle or aunt (couldn't decipher the sex in the split second) hadn't bothered to properly bolt the door, while on their early morning downloading.

This invariably happens to me once in every train journey that I undertake (Seen a lot of bare bottoms). I on my part always take that extra caution in keeping the doors secured before going down to do my job.

9 Comments:

aklanta said...

hu ha ha ha ha...gr8 come back...

dwaipayan said...

well,finally u r back!!! i agree with ur experience. and there's even worst!! what about finding a unbolted door and seeing it's not been flushed!!!!!!!!!!that's also very common.

Abaniko said...

Whether the door's locked or not, I always knock first to be sure.

It's good to have you back, Soumyadip. Warm welcome!

Anonymous said...

Yaar Subah Subah... hahahaha, thats is something that happens to me quite often too... In the hurry to answer the call, one tend to forget that we could knock.. hahaha

Soumya said...

thats why in train journey i wake up much earlier than fellow passengers...

dwaipayan said...

hello!!!!!!!won't u post again???????

Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Haahahhhaa! Shotti? I am happy I have never been in your place! Welcome back! Hope you had a refreshing holiday!

AquaM said...

wow..a truly delighful sight...prompted u to blog it!

:)
AquaM

Venkat Ramanan said...

Hello friend,
Read your humourous post :)) Good writing.. yes, that happens a lot in a train journey, especially in an Indian railway run tran I guess :)). Do we have to take it in a lighter vain, laugh it out or do we have to think behind it, if there is anything wrong in our psyche per se?
Cheers,
Venkat