Cutting the Chai has moved to a new domain: cuttingthechai.com.
You can get in touch with Soumyadip at www.soumyadip.com.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Blogspot blocked?

Blogger Blocked?Is India going the China way? When I wasn't able to open any *blogspot.com pages, I thought that there might be a problem with the servers there. But when I tried accessing the same sites routed though anonymouse.org, they were opening fine. Though I could post through Blogger.com, I couldn't view my blog. When I tried at my workplace where we use a different ISP (Airtel), all *blogspot.com pages seemed to be accessible. Then I came across Mridula's and Neha's posts and found that I wasn't alone and the conspiracy theory might have some concrete substance in it.

But worrynot, it's not that easy to make things inaccessible in a techno world like ours. Peacefire.org has handy tips about getting around stupid attempts at censorship. Like they say in Hindi movies "Marne wale se bachane wala bada hota hain (The saviour is more potent than the destroyer)."