Cutting the Chai has moved to a new domain: cuttingthechai.com.
You can get in touch with Soumyadip at www.soumyadip.com.

Friday, October 20, 2006

A Diwali Desire

"Kitney aadmi the (How many men where they)?" asked the newborn Gabbar. And PHATACK! came a slap from his mother (the reason behind the stubble, to hide the afterbirth mark). Not this joke, but the most famous sequence in Hindi film history, where Gabbar Singh asks his men to do a simple count and goes on to play his version of the Russian Roulette, infixed the want in my heart for a six-chamber revolver. Before any arms trafficker tries to get in touch with me, let me make it clear that the six-chamber that I have in mind is of the cap pistol type.

I might have 'grown up' for that sort of stuff, but still want to possess one and Diwali is perhaps the best time to procure one. Had been hunting the markets near my place for the last few Diwalis but no one seems to stock any, the kids nowadays don't seem to like the one-shot-at-a-time six-guns.

If anyone knows where I can get one in Delhi (or maybe Noida) please do let me know. As a mark of gesture, I'll let you have a shot less when we play the toy gun version of the game which stops on the first losing round.

5 Comments:

San said...

Happy Diwali Soumyadip - post me one too

Anonymous said...

Happy diwali , sammy

dwaipayan said...

hey bro, that's the reason like u so much... u still have a kid inside u. and ye, in our childhood once we saw such a gun being sold at the shops..but as the cost was 50 rs, it was beyond us. and now when we can afford such a thing, we can't see any... dnt worry....I'll look for such a thing in kolkata..If I get one , consider that ur bday gift!

R said...

Diwali Greetings!

Even I want to! If you come around having got one, do let me know! :D

dwaipayan said...

hello what happened to the seventhThe isspecial Cutting Chai - October 2006 ??huh??