Cutting the Chai has moved to a new domain: cuttingthechai.com.
You can get in touch with Soumyadip at www.soumyadip.com.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

'Look Out' for Bloggers

"The Indian blogging community (or blogosphere, as it likes to call itself) is essentially a bitchy, selfindulgent and an almost incestuous network comprising journalists, wannabe-writers and a massive army of geeks who give vent to their creative ambitions on the internet. Given that the average blogger-age is 25 years, it's clear bloggers love to indulge in hearty name calling and taking college-style potshots at others. This is probably why some of them get into trouble."

- TR Vivek. "Bite in the Blog Bark." Outlook Volume XLV, No. 43. October 25-31: 64

4 Comments:

thalassa_mikra said...

As a former editor and current researcher, meticulous referencing always has my warm appreciation.

When it comes to bitchy, I'm guilty as charged. But incestuous network, wannabe-writer, and geek? The way I see it, you are only a wannabe-writer till your next publishing advance. Not that I have any such ambitions.

dwaipayan said...

how come u posted on a sunday? isnt it suppossed to be ur holiday?????

Gypsy said...

i can only recite words by metallica...
"Never care for wat they say, never care for wat they do...life is ours we live it our way, all these words I don't just say, and nothing else matters!!"

Soumyadip said...

Dwaipayan, I read this on Saturday evening; I thought I needed to share this with fellow bloggers. Since I don't have a net connection on my home PC, I posted this from a nearby cyber cafe.