Cutting the Chai has moved to a new domain: cuttingthechai.com.
You can get in touch with Soumyadip at www.soumyadip.com.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Elephant Falls

Elephant Falls, Shillong
Elephant Falls, Shillong
Elephant Falls, Shillong
"Shillong. But where are the waterfalls?" I was expecting this question, but thankfully am posting these before anyone got the opportunity to do so.

This one is the most popular of them all. Don't ask me why is it called so? Supposedly it resembles an elephant or some part of the giant mammal's anatomy - but honestly I could never figure that out.

9 Comments:

Drops of Ocean said...

Cool pictures! It's probably called so because previously the place should have been populated with elephants. Trying to recollect some of the geography...

AquaM said...

I knew that the falls would follow next.(Right!)

Ooty, Kodai, Coonoor, Coorg are a visual treat!

AquaM

Rita said...

Beautiful! The pics are superb, Soumya :)

Shivangi Misra said...

I've seen this place... some 5 years ago. And loved it every bit!

aklanta said...

I too do that often verbally. Describing the best of my trips to Shillong and Cherrapunji...how standing in front of one of the water falls of Cherrapunji I felt there was nothing left to be done in my life...etc etc...almost every one promised to make a trip to enjoy the same...

Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Wonderful pictures as usual! How many of them pictures have you stashed away? I have run out of adjectives!

dwaipayan said...

i remember that we went there till the river. and the next day a robbery took place there. remember????? u guided us there????

thalassa_mikra said...

If only parents had made that extra effort to hop over to Shillong from Assam on their visits! But never mind, I know I'll make it there some day. And your pictures are definitely egging me on Soumya. Such amazing beauty. I think the Northeast is just incomparable to any other place in India. They are that special.

Anonymous said...

beautiful pics, they are amazing ! :)