Cutting the Chai has moved to a new domain: cuttingthechai.com.
You can get in touch with Soumyadip at www.soumyadip.com.

Friday, January 13, 2006

How Stupid Can Stupid Get?

Dwaipayan
Definitely not stupider than me. Bogged with helping coordinate and conduct over 700 interviews in three days, I didn't even get the opportunity to read my favourite blogs, nor the time to go through the emails that came my way before replying.

Dwaipayan put this seemingly innocent question my way, "What was your first love?" I in my moronic greatness provided him the innocent answer. The next thing I knew was that he posts my password as a comment on this blog. I didn't realise what was going on. I changed my passwords and played ignorant. This morning I find my new passwords in my inbox, forwarded by Dwaipayan. And as a favour he reveals my stupidity. That question was the clue leading to the revelation of the passwords.

I have learnt my lesson. But it does not guarantee any similar foolishness on my part in the near future.

P.S. The accompanying photo is Dwaipayan's. The girls at my workplace find him 'cute.'

19 Comments:

Admin said...

Cuuld only laugh.. What was your first love no less!!!

Shivangi Misra said...

How does this work? Sure sounds fun...

AquaM said...

Happens all the time doesn't it:)))) dats entertainment!

How are u surviving the Delhi cold???

Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Ohhh god!! You guys!! That question won't work with me!! I used to have the name of the object of my affection (whoever I was going with at the time) as a password but then much later after I was saddled with a a new beau and an old beau's name for a password, I decided that I would change. So now, a beau may find a place in my heart but not in my password list! ;)

dwaipayan said...

i'm shocked to see my pic in ur blog, then i read the post. oh!! and can i have the email address of the girls who think i'm cute????

and probably u r the only one who tells the whole world about his stupidity. and just think what a good soul i'm

R said...

oops!! atleast its a lesson!!


and hey.. 700 interviews?! thats some figure!

Mirage said...

Lol! I dunno abt cute...but he sure is smart!! ;)

Sofi said...

the guy in the pic has this villany look about him..

dwaipayan said...

mirage, thanks for the compliment!!

and E.A.L., u think i look like a villain!!!!good heavens!!!

Abaniko said...

that 'little' cousin of yours!

but that's an amusing trick nevertheless. care to share?

Rita said...

Haha! This is good laugh! So you did learn a lesson? :DDDDDDDDDD

Sofi said...

lol no no!hey..i meant it as..er..a compliment! yknow..the film starrish villainy look..er...i think ive said enough already!

Anonymous said...

Invariably for me, the pleasure of reading a blog is incomplete without reading comments.
In the case of this particular blog the comments are as amusing and sometimes informative as the articles by the blogger.
Fellow readers are an intriguing lot as one tends to agree and differ from them on various issues often.
Dwaipayan, I found, is one such bloke who always has something to say.
Candidly, however, his picture was a sort of surprise to me as he seemed a lot mature than what I'd guessed (from his comments).
Apologies Dwaipayan!

dwaipayan said...

its ok anonymous!!and for those who wants to know how it worked,i'm telling this. it's very simple. the secret question for retrieving the password was about soumyadip's 1st love. and he told me the answer. simple. i just typed the answer to receive his password.that's all

Rita said...

You've been tagged. Visit my blog for details.:D

Unknown said...

I look forward to the response to Rita's tag! - Atul Sabnis

Soumyadip said...

My apologies for letting your inquisitiveness down. My 'innocent' answer to the question was 'comics' - not in flesh and bone but of ink and paper.

Kusum Rohra said...

*Laughing uncontrollably* reminds me of a similar thing a bunch of friends and me did to a frined long time back because we knew the answer to her secret question. For about a month we continued reading all her mails till she found out :)

Comics !!! *Smiling from ear to ear*

Anonymous said...

buhahaha !!!! My ex tried to trick me into something like this and succeeded..to hack my email.. :( I guess.. we are naive.. LOLOL...