Cutting the Chai has moved to a new domain: cuttingthechai.com.
You can get in touch with Soumyadip at www.soumyadip.com.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I Missed the Fire




It snowed in Kashmir and rained in Delhi. I was on the way to office, the phone buzzed. It was my reliable jurno friend on the other end. "There's a fire at Barakhamba Road," she warned. I checked my bag and the camera was there. "Something for the blog," I smiled to myself. By the time I reached there, the firemen had done their job. "Damn!" I said. "No blazing flames, no good photograph." Doesn't the news industry also behave like me? Waiting for a disaster to happen, things to go wrong, in a big and 'newsworthy' way. So that they can bask in professional glory. No glory for me here, only a few unphotogenic photographs.

5 Comments:

Unknown said...

these firemen, i tell you! Bah!

Anonymous said...

Shit! You missed it! Another reason for TR Vivek to pan the blogosphere!

dwaipayan said...

chi chi chi

Accidental Fame Junkie said...

It's ok! You will find better opportunities!

educatedunemployed said...

I totally love your blog.It keeps me in touch with reality.So when I get lost in my own fantasies..I come back here and to similar such spaces.But I have come back to this post..4 times in the last 2 days..
Doesn't the crassness of the situation bother you?Its like when we doctors sit around a table and say damn the patient died, he was a good case of blah blah..and you missed it.
Or is it just my misplaced emotions doing a topsy turvy dance again...
Disclaimer:I am not trying to question your morality here, just an introspection.